Tattoo Aftercare Instruction
- Take the bandage off after one and half hour; rinse the tattoo area with cold or warm water but do not use hot water (use soft water, not too strong). Take no longer than 10 mins shower within the two weeks.
- Pat dry the area with a clean towel, do not rub it.
- Apply a very thin layer of A&D ointment on the tattoo area. (Apply on the hands first then tap it on the tattoo area, do not rub it) Do that 2-3 times a day for the first 4 days. After 4 days, apply nonscented body lotion to the area for 2-3 times a day for 7-14 days or until the tattoo is healed (Always wash the area before applying lotion).
- If Saniderm wrap is used after the tattoo, leave it on for 3 days, after 3 days, take it off during the warm shower slowly, then apply the nonscented lotion 3 times a day for 7-10 days.
What not to do?
- DO NOT peel off skin; DO NOT pick at the scabs; It will be itchy, but DO NOT scratch the area. DO NOT sleep on your tattoo.
- If you have colored tattoo (color other than black) try to eat LESS sea food and spicy food.
- DO NOT soak the tattoo. AVOID swimming pools, salt water, oil, working out, sweating for at least 10 days. AVOID sun for at least one month (if going to beach after a month, apply sun screen every 2 hours). Wear loose cloth and DARK color clothes at the tattoo area. Drinking alcohol right after tattoo is a BAD idea.